We list here the asteroids named for people with UCF connections.
Asteroids named for people currently affiliated with UCF.
- 3327 Campins. 1985 PW. Named for Physics Department Prof. Humberto Campins.
- 4395 Danbritt. 1981 EH41. Named for Physics Department Prof. Daniel Britt.
- 4583 Lugo. 1989 RL4. Named for Dr. Ramon Lugo, director of FSI.
- 5034 Joeharrington. 1991 PW10. Named for Physics Department Prof. Joseph Harrington.
- 10689 Pinillaalonso. 1981 DZ1. Named for FSI Associate Scientist Noemí Pinilla-Alonso.
- 12225 Yanfernandez. 1985 PQ. Named for Physics Department Assoc. Prof. Yanga Fernández.
Asteroids named for people affiliated with UCF in the past.
- 7909 Ziffer. 1975 SK. Named for Dr. Julie Ziffer (U. Southern Maine), graduate student at UCF, PhD 2007.
- 9530 Kelleymichael. 1981 EO26. Named for Dr. Michael Kelley (U. Maryland), postdoctoral researcher at UCF, 2006-2009.
- 10282 Emilykramer. 1981 ET46. Named for Dr. Emily Kramer (Caltech/JPL), graduate student at UCF, PhD 2014.
- 11266 Macke. 1981 ES41. Named for Dr. Robert Macke (Vatican Obs.), graduate student at UCF, PhD 2010.
- 13001 Woodney. 1981 VL. Named for Dr. Laura Woodney (CSU San Bernardino), faculty at UCF, 2003-2005.
- 15008 Delahodde. 1998 QO6. Named for Dr. Catherine Delahodde, postdoctoral researcher at UCF, 2004.
- 15466 Barlow. 1999 AR23. Named for Dr. Nadine Barlow (Northern Arizona U.), faculty at UCF, 1996-2002.
- 26471 Tracybecker. 2000 AS152. Named for Dr. Tracy Becker (Southwest Research Institute), graduate student at UCF, PhD 2016.