- About Us
- Join Us
Open House Schedule
- Below is the Spring 2013 schedule of Open Houses. Note that green means we are open, red means closed due to weather, holiday, or conferences, yellow means we haven't decided yet, and white means the event is in the future. Check back to this webpage or to our Facebook page approximately 30 to 60 minutes before the start time of the event to see if the weather will allow us to be open. Florida's fickle weather means that we cannot be sure an Open House will occur until just before the scheduled time it starts! We're sorry if that makes things logistically harder but we try to avoid situations where people needlessly come to the observatory.
- The events are free and are open to UCF and non-UCF people alike. Parking is free but limited -- please carpool if you can. All ages are welcome. No reservations/registrations are required (though if you're bringing a big group, let us know). If you have any questions about Open House, send email to email@example.com.
- Note that unfortunately the dome to the 20" telescope is still on the mend, so we can't use that telescope on the night sky. Yes, we know it's been a long time. We apologize! We're talking with contractors now about rebuilding the dome control system. But our 8" telescopes are working fine and can show you plenty of astronomical objects.
- Thanks to everyone that came out to our events this semester!
- We will announce here if there are going to be any events during UCF's Summer Semester. We will definitely resume weekly events once UCF's Fall Semester starts in August.
- As always, you can check here or check our Facebook page for event news!
End of Civil Twilight
Moon Phase and Illumination
|Astronomy Society meeting?|
|1||Wed Jan 16||7:30-9:30pm EST||5:52 pm EST||6:16 pm EST||waxing crescent, 31%||Yes|
|2||Thu Jan 24||7:30-9:30pm EST||5:58 pm EST||6:22 pm EST||waxing gibbous, 96%||N|
|3||Wed Jan 30||7:30-9:30pm EST||6:03 pm EST||6:27 pm EST||waning gibbous, 84%||Yes|
|4||Thu Feb 7||7:30-9:30pm EST||6:10 pm EST||6:33 pm EST||waning crescent, 7%||N|
|5||Wed Feb 13||7:30-9:30pm EST||6:14 pm EST||6:38 pm EST||waxing crescent, 16%||Yes|
|6||Thu Feb 21||7:30-9:30pm EST||6:20 pm EST||6:43 pm EST||waxing gibbous, 86%||N|
|7||Wed Feb 27||7:30-9:30pm EST||6:24 pm EST||6:47 pm EST||waning gibbous, 94%||Yes|
|8||Thu Mar 14||8:30-10:00pm EDT||7:33 pm EDT||7:56 pm EDT||waxing crescent, 10%||N|
|9||Wed Mar 20||8:30-10:00pm EDT||7:37 pm EDT||7:59 pm EDT||waxing gibbous, 63%||Yes|
|10||Thu Mar 28||8:30-10:00pm EDT||7:41 pm EDT||8:04 pm EDT||waning gibbous, 96%||N|
|11||Wed Apr 3||8:30-10:30pm EDT||7:45 pm EDT||8:07 pm EDT||waning crescent, 40%||Yes|
|12||Thu Apr 11||9:00-11:00pm EDT||7:49 pm EDT||8:12 pm EDT||waxing crescent, 3%||N|
|13||Wed Apr 17||9:00-11:00pm EDT||7:52 pm EDT||8:16 pm EDT||waxing crescent, 46%||Yes|
For driving directions see here