For families, or just a relaxing weekend after the conference...
Typical January weather is dry and sunny, ranging from 51-72° F, average 61° F. The meeting is adjacent to a weekend, so it's a good chance to:
- Visit the manatees' winter home at Blue Springs State Park
- Paddle a canoe along Florida's lush inland waterways
- Birdwatch - bald eagles, sandhill cranes, raptors - small birds are 12"
- See wild alligators at Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge
- Dive on a wreck
- Take an ecotour of the Everglades
- Or, yes, visit with Mickey, Shamu, or your favorite roller coaster
- The beach is an hour east on route 528; we recommend Jetty Park or Cocoa Beach.
- NASA's Kennedy Space Center is an hour east on route 50.
- The theme parks are southwest of Orlando and vary from 30 to 45 minutes away. They are 10 to 25 minutes from the airport.